Old 29-06-2009, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant IDs

In message , K
writes
Stewart Robert Hinsley writes
I don't see Geum rivale very often - there's a colony about 6 miles
away, but I overlooked it when passing on the way to the garden
(perhaps it was past flowering) - but I do have the impression that it
is a less compact plant than the one photographed.

It has upright flower stems in the same way as Geum urbanum, though a
bit floppier. I have a lot of it in my garden, and it's about knee
height, a bigger plant than Geum urbanum, but otherwise similar in form
apart from the drooping flowers.

You've convinced me that it's not Geum rivale, but that leaves me still
baffled as to what it is.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley