Old 29-06-2009, 03:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Albert Jeans Albert Jeans is offline

Default Clivia - shade or part-shade?

Here in the SF Bay Area, I've found that clivia does best in open shade with
as much light as possible. Too much sun and the plant starts to yellow and
not do well. Watch out for snails.

Albert

Higgs Boson wrote:
: On Jun 25, 12:57?pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
: Anybody in So.Calif coastal:
:
: Do you have your clivia in total shade, part shade, or?
:
: My neighbor gave me some plants years ago, and I have divided and
: replanted them numerous times. ?Some are in part shade, some in
: fairly heavy shade, but some get quite a bit of sun. ?They actually do
: pretty well.
:
: Just curious what others' experiences have been.
:
: Tx
:
: Persephone

: Boo-hoo - replying to myself. Any clivia experience out there
: in varied sun-shade situations?

: TIA

: Pers.