Old 29-06-2009, 05:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph General Schvantzkoph is offline

Default Three sisters garden, week 9

the berries, as the enclosure would never have deterred bears.

Something ate all the melon plants this weekend and started nibbling on
a few of the tomato plants, too. Even the groundhogs avoid the tomato
plants. I need to set up a camera...or a shotgun, maybe.

Boron

I've been using coyote and fox urine this year. I usually have a
groundhog problem but I haven't seen any since I started using the urine.
This isn't proof that it works, it's possible that the groundhog was
eaten by an actual coyote, they have become much more plentiful in recent
years.