Old 29-06-2009, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Apples....

"NogbadtheCool" wrote
Last year one of my two trees had no apples and had mildewey tips.
Garden Centre recommended dithane and it's had a regular dose. But
this year likewise, mildewey ends, no blossom, no apples. I've chopped
it down to about a 2 foot stump (if you don't pay rent you get out of
my garden!). So, it it likely thet it will grow good now, or should I
take a short cut and yank up the roots now rather than later? The
other apple is well laden with fruit btw

Two problems IMO.
Check the variety, it may be a tip bearer and you are cutting off the fruit
buds when pruning.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden