Old 16-04-2003, 12:09 AM
jammer

Default Snail elimination.reduction

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 16:37:17 -0600, John Rutz
wrote:

jammer wrote:
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:02:43 -0600, John Rutz
wrote:

-- I have the Japanese trap door snails they get to be about an inch in
size and they dont eat the plants---- in fact if I didnt drain the pond
I wouldnt even know they were in there,
the apple snails do eat anything that they come accross.

And can i get these japanese trap door snails at a pond shop or where?

Ok, i called the pond shop on that too and they said they get the
apple snails and that they do not eat plants, otherwise they wouldn't
carry them. Ok, cool. I have had a hurt back, neck, and shoulder for a
week. I WANT to clean out that pond! You can see the bottom but i
figure it should be cleaned anyway. There are bound to be leaves and
stuff in there somewhere. But i just hope and pray i don't suck up any
eggs. I may net the goldfish and put them in a bucket to minimize the
stress of the shop vac. Then i will begin cleaning in the fall before
i net. Thing is, the leaves don't fall until spring.