Old 02-07-2009, 07:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
wafflycat wafflycat is offline

Default Destroying Angel

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
David in Normandy wrote:
Al wrote:
No kids around, wildlife mainly birds and foxes, no pets.

Sorry to follow up to my own post, but does anyone know if laurel berries
are poisonous? We've a mature laurel hedge which has lots of black berries
on in the autumn and our black labrador finds them quite tasty and scoffs
any wind-falls. Personally I'd have thought they were poisonous but the
dog doesn't seem to have suffered from eating them.

Yes, they are poisonous. Well, that's my understanding. As a child, the big
danger plants I was told to avoid were laburnum, laurel, deadly nightshade,
yew.