Old 04-07-2009, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Next Winter

--
..
"David in Normandy" wrote in message
moghouse wrote:
Old Victor used to tell me to look
at the berry crops as a sign of what the oncoming winter would be,
believing that nature provided for the wildlife when times were going
to be hard.... but this does not seem to have held true in recent
years. Perhaps I just live in an unnaturally sheltered spot!

I hope he's wrong! I've been in the garden picking raspberries and black
currants this afternoon and there is a bumper crop. The cultivated
blackberry (giant berries) will be ripe soon and that looks like it will
have a good yield too. Lots of green plums and peaches in the orchard this
year. A moderate amount of apples but no Bramley apples at all - it has
gone on strike this year.

--
David in Normandy.

I was hoping that someone had heard that "We are in for a such and such
winter".

I want to make a presentation on Wednesday and a 'certain type of Winter'
will be to my advantage.

;-))

Mike