Old 06-07-2009, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Ping Sacha - automatic plant waterers

However you are unable to give the courtesy of a reply to my question!

How un Ladylike

Kindest possible regards

Mike

--
..
On 2009-07-06 18:06:19 +0100, "graham" said:

Sacha.
Have you come across these?
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...280,54307&ap=2

I've been using them on the pot plants in my kitchen window for several
weeks and they work! I have one for the rosemary and 2 each for the Bay
and
Grapefruit. The latter is very thirsty, it seems, needing a daily
top-up. .
When I leave for hols, I'll replace the glass jars that I'm using with a
couple of plastic buckets so that my elderly neighbour won't have to
check
on them very often.
One is supposed to be able to use fertiliser solution as well but I find
get algal growth in the jars in no time so I apply that directly.
Graham

Thanks, Graham! ;-) Graham asked me this on another group, urglers. I
asked him to post it here because I thought it might be of interest.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com