Old 06-07-2009, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ping Sacha - automatic plant waterers

Sacha.
Have you come across these?
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...280,54307&ap=2

I've been using them on the pot plants in my kitchen window for several
weeks and they work! I have one for the rosemary and 2 each for the Bay and
Grapefruit. The latter is very thirsty, it seems, needing a daily top-up. .
When I leave for hols, I'll replace the glass jars that I'm using with a
couple of plastic buckets so that my elderly neighbour won't have to check
on them very often.
One is supposed to be able to use fertiliser solution as well but I find I
get algal growth in the jars in no time so I apply that directly.
Graham

Old 06-07-2009, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-06 18:06:19 +0100, "graham" said:

Sacha.
Have you come across these?
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...280,54307&ap=2

I've been using them on the pot plants in my kitchen window for several
weeks and they work! I have one for the rosemary and 2 each for the Bay and
Grapefruit. The latter is very thirsty, it seems, needing a daily top-up. .
When I leave for hols, I'll replace the glass jars that I'm using with a
couple of plastic buckets so that my elderly neighbour won't have to check
on them very often.
One is supposed to be able to use fertiliser solution as well but I find I
get algal growth in the jars in no time so I apply that directly.
Graham

Thanks, Graham! ;-) Graham asked me this on another group, urglers.
I asked him to post it here because I thought it might be of interest.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 06-07-2009, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

However you are unable to give the courtesy of a reply to my question!

How un Ladylike

Kindest possible regards

Mike

--
..

Old 07-07-2009, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
However you are unable to give the courtesy of a reply to my question!

How un Ladylike

Kindest possible regards

Mike

I see no question to reply to?
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Thanks Charlie but my question has been answered :-) Not by Sascha to whom
the question was asked I hasten to add

It was reference the call out on a Sunday of the Pest Control Officer and
the charge thereof if applied.

Kindest regards

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 07-07-2009, 01:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Charlie
Pridham writes
In article ,
says...
However you are unable to give the courtesy of a reply to my question!

How un Ladylike

Kindest possible regards

Mike

I see no question to reply to?

Nor me. I think my machine must have zapped him. Now I have seen the
above, isn't 'un-ladylike' a rather old-fashioned idea? If anyone said
that to me, I would immediately begin to behave in anything but a
'ladylike' fashion in order to annoy them.

--
June Hughes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Nor me. I think my machine must have zapped him. Now I have seen the
above, isn't 'un-ladylike' a rather old-fashioned idea? --
June Hughes

Don't you think this country could do with a few 'old fashioned ideas' being
brought back?

Manners to start with?

Kindest possible regards

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 07-07-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Nor me. I think my machine must have zapped him. Now I have seen the
above, isn't 'un-ladylike' a rather old-fashioned idea? --
June Hughes

Don't you think this country could do with a few 'old fashioned ideas'
being brought back?

Manners to start with?

The first being that it's ungentlemanly to point out what you think is
unladylike
behaviour to a lady! {;-)
Graham

Old 07-07-2009, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"June Hughes" wrote in message
In message , graham
writes

"'Mike'" wrote in message

Nor me. I think my machine must have zapped him. Now I have seen the
above, isn't 'un-ladylike' a rather old-fashioned idea? --
June Hughes

Don't you think this country could do with a few 'old fashioned ideas'
being brought back?

Manners to start with?

The first being that it's ungentlemanly to point out what you think is
unladylike
behaviour to a lady! {;-)
Graham

G Yes.
--
June Hughes

Delighted to see that some people know what manners are and even more
delighted to see that others agree with me that manners should be restored.

How about 'please' and 'thank you' and saying 'thank you' to someone who
holds a door open for you? I find that the so called 'upper classes' are the
worse for this, waft through as though it is YOUR DUTY to hold the door for
them. :-((( The 'upper classes' show most signs of bad manners, I have
seen it at Cowes Week :-((

Kindest possible regards

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 07-07-2009, 05:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , 'Mike'
writes
snip

Delighted to see that some people know what manners are and even more
delighted to see that others agree with me that manners should be restored.

How about 'please' and 'thank you' and saying 'thank you' to someone who
holds a door open for you? I find that the so called 'upper classes' are the
worse for this, waft through as though it is YOUR DUTY to hold the door for
them. :-((( The 'upper classes' show most signs of bad manners, I have
seen it at Cowes Week :-((

Rubbish! Not everyone is rude and there are many people who are rude in
all walks of life. Get a grip.
--
June Hughes
Old 07-07-2009, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Excuse me, where have I said "everyone is rude"?
--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Ping sacha - reposted message! Ping Spider re Deutzia Spider[_2_] United Kingdom 4 04-05-2009 06:28 AM
Ping Sacha Judith in France United Kingdom 3 17-05-2008 03:51 PM
Ping Sacha judith.lea United Kingdom 18 21-01-2008 04:07 PM
Ping Sacha judith.lea United Kingdom 3 16-10-2007 10:55 PM
Ping Sacha Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 3 26-05-2003 04:20 PM