Old 06-07-2009, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A weeping willow type tree?

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:04:33 +0100, bbarnes81
wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for a tree that is weeping and needs to have golden yellow
flowers.

Can anyone recommend anything that may be suitable?

Thanks

Laburnums have hanging panicles of yellow flowers, and L. alpinum
pendulum has weeping branches, although it doesn't get very large,
only about 6 ft, and all the bits are poisonous.

Genista aetnensis (Mount Etna broom) is sort of weeping, and gets to
about 25 ft. but isn't fully hardy.

Use Google Images for pictures.

Rosa banksiae can be grown with a weeping habit. (I don't know how much
work this entails.)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fi...27Lutea%27.jpg
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley