View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Old 07-07-2009, 10:17 AM

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Jun 2009
Exclamation Green Green Grass

Hi everyone, I too am a newbie to the Forum and also I have a question. I hope someone can help me with. I have always had a Lawn to look after that was moderate in size, however last year I moved house to a very large garden of an acre with a large lawn. The garden has been neglected for many years and I am in the process of reclaiming it back a little from mother nature, wrestling with Bind weed and Ground elder on a large scale as well as other weeds.
My question is ; In the large lawn is Ground elder, bind weed, in places, but I also have problems with Clover, purple and white on a large scale. Money is very tight and I try to garden without the use of pesticides as much as possible except Glyposate for the ground elder. The garden backs onto the Village meadow and is surrounded by wonderful full size trees. Can anyone give me advice on what I could do to Improve the Lawn and try to erradicate some of these problems? I suppose I am a little frightened of ploughing in, incase I ruin such a large area and can't afford to replace it. Help!!