Old 07-07-2009, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Yews

Muddymike wrote:
I keep finding self seeded yews around the gardens, some I have
dug up and put into pots in an attempt to grow them into
something useful. None are doing particularly well. Any
sugestions on the best growing medium, feed, positioning etc to
help them do well would be appreciated.

Mike

I grew some from seed years ago. I was walking through Chatsworth house
gardens and a few fell off a yew tree into my pocket, so I planted them
in pots of garden soil as I remember for a couple of years then planted
them out in the garden. They were s-l-o-w to get going, but after a few
years started to romp away, putting a few inches on each year. Not the
fasted tree to grow from seed.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.