Old 07-07-2009, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DaveP DaveP is offline

Default Mystery flowers

On 2009-07-07 18:45:47 +0100, Dave Hill said:

Thanks Sacha for the picture
Like others I am sure that the flowers had been dyed, as to Chrysanth
or dahlia then the best way to tell is by the stems, Chrysanth stems
are more woody than dahlia stems.
I aminclined to think they were Chrysanths as it is a little early for
dahlias, though there are some comming into flower, but on the other
hand it is also a bit out of season for chrysanth blooms.
I have posted the picture onto a dahlia site to see what comments I
get from there.
http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/f...n=view&current....

I'll

end now as it is getting uncomfortable sitting on this fence.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries.

;-) *It's a weird one. *At first I thought 'silk flowers' until I
noticed the dying off petals at the base. *There's authentic and
there's ridiculous!! *If the OP can send a pic of a leaf - assuming the
flowers aren't in the bin - that would help a lot.
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

Ahem, my old eyes could be deceiving me, but somehow I don't think
they are Dahlias or Chrysanthemums. There's one flower to the right
showing some of the calyx or rather one or two sepals, which don't
look anything like those of hybrid Dahlias and are too long for
Chrysanths. I'll stick my neck out and suggest they may be
Ranunculus. Wincing as I press send button .... ooouc...