Old 08-07-2009, 12:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Plant a fruit tree at work

"George.com" wrote in message
I bought a nice mandarin tree today. That is going in to a sunny site along
a wall at the office tomorrow.

The existing garden has a few shitey little shrubs and what looks like
some rubbish clay soil.

A couple of small shrubs will be sacrificed & the shitey soils amended
with some good well rotten leaves lying around the car park.

The mandarin tree will go in and hopefully start producing some nice fruit
next winter in what is otherwise a large carpark.

Make a barren car park a productive food producing area.

If I can find a place to do so, I could post some before & after pictures
on the web.

rob

I hear tell that "shitey" soil is very fertile.

Next plant a kumquat. I love saying that word, *kumquat*.