Old 08-07-2009, 10:08 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Plant a fruit tree at work

I bought a nice mandarin tree today. That is going in to a sunny site along
a wall at the office tomorrow.

The existing garden has a few shitey little shrubs and what looks like some
rubbish clay soil.

A couple of small shrubs will be sacrificed & the shitey soils amended with
some good well rotten leaves lying around the car park.

The mandarin tree will go in and hopefully start producing some nice fruit
next winter in what is otherwise a large carpark.

Make a barren car park a productive food producing area.

If I can find a place to do so, I could post some before & after pictures on
the web.

rob

Old 08-07-2009, 12:10 PM posted to rec.gardens

"George.com" wrote in message
I bought a nice mandarin tree today. That is going in to a sunny site along
a wall at the office tomorrow.

The existing garden has a few shitey little shrubs and what looks like
some rubbish clay soil.

A couple of small shrubs will be sacrificed & the shitey soils amended
with some good well rotten leaves lying around the car park.

The mandarin tree will go in and hopefully start producing some nice fruit
next winter in what is otherwise a large carpark.

Make a barren car park a productive food producing area.

If I can find a place to do so, I could post some before & after pictures
on the web.

rob

I hear tell that "shitey" soil is very fertile.

Next plant a kumquat. I love saying that word, *kumquat*.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:06 AM posted to rec.gardens

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message
I bought a nice mandarin tree today. That is going in to a sunny site
along a wall at the office tomorrow.

The existing garden has a few shitey little shrubs and what looks like
some rubbish clay soil.

A couple of small shrubs will be sacrificed & the shitey soils amended
with some good well rotten leaves lying around the car park.

The mandarin tree will go in and hopefully start producing some nice
fruit next winter in what is otherwise a large carpark.

Make a barren car park a productive food producing area.

If I can find a place to do so, I could post some before & after pictures
on the web.

rob

I hear tell that "shitey" soil is very fertile.

right then,

it is "********" soil.

but much better today with the mandarin tree planted and all the leaves &
humus around the carpark either dug into or mulches across the top of the
garden. We will amend the leave mulch with our lunchtime scraps buried under
a few leaves.

basically just builders sand with a bit of light coloured sticky clay-soil &
stones.

as the humus breaks down into spring we plant to get a few veges growing.
Should be reasonable productive garden in time.

just perfect for the peak oil need to go urban farming. We'll be miles ahead
at our office.

rob

Old 09-07-2009, 05:49 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"George.com" wrote:

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message
[...]

We'll all be doing this very soon. Good on ya'.
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn
Old 11-07-2009, 09:58 AM posted to rec.gardens

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"George.com" wrote:

"brooklyn1" wrote in message

"George.com" wrote in message
[...]

actually a very progressive week for me. 1 mandarin tree planted at work and
a garden mulched with humus ready for spring vegetable planting. 2 mandarin
trees planted out front at home and 1 dwarf apple tree ready to go in out
back for espelliering. My clear expanse of front lawn has been sacrificed
for a productive food growing area. The first of what I think will be more
fruit trees. I reckopn I can get about 7 mandarin trees out front and have
hopes for 3 other old variety apple trees.

rob

Old 23-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by George.com View Post
I bought a nice mandarin tree today. That is going in to a sunny site along
a wall at the office tomorrow.

The existing garden has a few shitey little shrubs and what looks like some
rubbish clay soil.

A couple of small shrubs will be sacrificed & the shitey soils amended with
some good well rotten leaves lying around the car park.

The mandarin tree will go in and hopefully start producing some nice fruit
next winter in what is otherwise a large carpark.

Make a barren car park a productive food producing area.

If I can find a place to do so, I could post some before & after pictures on
the web.

rob

Hello,
I agree whole heartedly, I do see a legal problem though. It only takes one stupid person to claim the fruit gave them food poisoning and too sue everyone they can think of, then a stupid judge to agree to make a mess of these things.
http://Garden-Planters.com

[IMG] code is On

Plant 'fruit' tree wife's birthday (where to get Strawberry Tree?) Jim Daschowsky Edible Gardening 15 21-04-2012 10:00 PM
ripe fruit versus unripe fruit ; horse, Llama, donkey a_plutonium Plant Science 11 13-07-2007 08:12 AM
Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
Why is that fruit known as "Queen of Fruit"? Mangosteen Australia 0 20-04-2005 08:54 AM
Fruit & Vegetable Rinse washes fruit & vegetable thoroughly to prevent Isaac Kwong sci.agriculture 0 02-06-2003 06:44 PM