Old 08-07-2009, 01:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
mj mj is offline

Default Canning Peppers

On Jul 8, 7:43*am, Frank wrote:
On Jul 7, 6:24*pm, "
wrote:

Does anyone know how to can peppers? We did some last year and of
course can't find the book. Do you blanch them or do *you have to cook
them through? Thanks for any ideas.

MJ

My father used to cook them in olive oil and freeze. *He liked to eat
peppers and eggs. *I guess they would be fine for other dishes. *As
others point out, unless you can with vinegar, you would need to
pressure can to prevent botulism.

Thanks everyone. We found the book last night and it does call for
vinegar. We also have a pressure caner. That being said I think we are
going to blanch and freeze. Right now I have a Laundry tub full of
peppers waiting for me to recover from weeding.