Old 08-07-2009, 03:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ann Hartley Ann Hartley is offline

Default Provado Insecticide

Hello K,

Charlie Pridham writes

In article ,
says...

I think I used the wrong one on Broad Beans, so will have to dig
them up. It said on the aerosol can do not use on vegetables.

My question is does it contaminate the soil, if so, for how long
before I can use to grow veg. again?

It does not effect the soil but can last over 6 weeks in the plant
tissues, its leathal to bees visiting the flowers over nearly all
that time and should be used with great caution in my view. It seems
that its use by the farming industry (on crops like sunflowers) may
well be one of the contribitors to the problems bees are having.

What's the active ingredient? Is it imidacloprid?

Yes and mediocarb. Ann