Old 08-07-2009, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Provado Insecticide

I think I used the wrong one on Broad Beans, so will have to dig them
up. It said on the aerosol can do not use on vegetables.

My question is does it contaminate the soil, if so, for how long
before I can use to grow veg. again?

Old 08-07-2009, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Charlie Pridham writes
In article ,
says...

I think I used the wrong one on Broad Beans, so will have to dig them
up. It said on the aerosol can do not use on vegetables.

My question is does it contaminate the soil, if so, for how long
before I can use to grow veg. again?

It does not effect the soil but can last over 6 weeks in the plant
tissues, its leathal to bees visiting the flowers over nearly all that
time and should be used with great caution in my view. It seems that its
use by the farming industry (on crops like sunflowers) may well be one of
the contribitors to the problems bees are having.

What's the active ingredient? Is it imidacloprid?
--
Kay
Old 09-07-2009, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham writes
In article ,
says...

I think I used the wrong one on Broad Beans, so will have to dig them
up. It said on the aerosol can do not use on vegetables.

My question is does it contaminate the soil, if so, for how long
before I can use to grow veg. again?

It does not effect the soil but can last over 6 weeks in the plant
tissues, its leathal to bees visiting the flowers over nearly all that
time and should be used with great caution in my view. It seems that its
use by the farming industry (on crops like sunflowers) may well be one of
the contribitors to the problems bees are having.

What's the active ingredient? Is it imidacloprid?
--
Kay

Worth noting that Provado vine weevil killer contains the same chemical but
is approx x60 stronger