Old 08-07-2009, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Rain again

"'Mike'" wrote ...
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Dave Hill" wrote ...
I was complaining about having 4.35 inches of rain in the last few
days, but according to the news this morning Hastings had 4.25 inches
in 3 hours yesterday.
and I thought we had it bad.

We have tickets for Hampton Court Flower Show and they are for either
yesterday or today, didn't go yesterday due to the weather (and a sick
cat that needed to visit the vet) but today's not looking much better so
far, and after all that sunshine too.

Lovely sunshine here on the Isle of Wight. Bit windy but a superb day

Well it did rain at Hampton Court, only a bit of drizzle in the morning, but
later in the afternoon it chucked it down. If anyone is going this week wear
good sturdy shoes/boots as it's already a bit muddy in places.
As we drove home we noticed the roads getting dryer so not had the rain on
our allotment.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden