Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Rain again

I was complaining about having 4.35 inches of rain in the last few
days, but according to the news this morning Hastings had 4.25 inches
in 3 hours yesterday.
and I thought we had it bad.
David Hill
Old 08-07-2009, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote ...
I was complaining about having 4.35 inches of rain in the last few
days, but according to the news this morning Hastings had 4.25 inches
in 3 hours yesterday.
and I thought we had it bad.

We have tickets for Hampton Court Flower Show and they are for either
yesterday or today, didn't go yesterday due to the weather (and a sick cat
that needed to visit the vet) but today's not looking much better so far,
and after all that sunshine too.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-07-2009, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote ...
I was complaining about having 4.35 inches of rain in the last few
days, but according to the news this morning Hastings had 4.25 inches
in 3 hours yesterday.
and I thought we had it bad.

We have tickets for Hampton Court Flower Show and they are for either
yesterday or today, didn't go yesterday due to the weather (and a sick cat
that needed to visit the vet) but today's not looking much better so far,
and after all that sunshine too.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
just W. of London

Lovely sunshine here on the Isle of Wight. Bit windy but a superb day

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 08-07-2009, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote ...
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Dave Hill" wrote ...
I was complaining about having 4.35 inches of rain in the last few
days, but according to the news this morning Hastings had 4.25 inches
in 3 hours yesterday.
and I thought we had it bad.

We have tickets for Hampton Court Flower Show and they are for either
yesterday or today, didn't go yesterday due to the weather (and a sick
cat that needed to visit the vet) but today's not looking much better so
far, and after all that sunshine too.

Lovely sunshine here on the Isle of Wight. Bit windy but a superb day

Well it did rain at Hampton Court, only a bit of drizzle in the morning, but
later in the afternoon it chucked it down. If anyone is going this week wear
good sturdy shoes/boots as it's already a bit muddy in places.
As we drove home we noticed the roads getting dryer so not had the rain on
our allotment.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 08-07-2009, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote ...
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Dave Hill" wrote ...
[...]

and it continued as such :-))

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 09-07-2009, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
I was complaining about having 4.35 inches of rain in the last few
days, but according to the news this morning Hastings had 4.25 inches
in 3 hours yesterday.
and I thought we had it bad.
David Hill

We have a little bridge under a railway that always floods if we get mega
rain. There will always be someone who attempts it. My neighbour went out
with his 4x4 to tow a car out as a favour. The driver had got out of the
car and was up to his hips in water. My neighbour asked him to go back
into the water to attach the rope to his car. He did. He was then asked to
get back into his car to take the handbrake off, he sat on the drivers seat
and the water came over his lap.
Another right off for the Church Hill road bridge.
And do you know, my neighbour was not thanked. He could have left him there
and let him phone a garage to get him out. It would have cost him
megamoney.

Tweed

Old 09-07-2009, 02:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote

We have a little bridge under a railway that always floods if we get mega
rain. There will always be someone who attempts it. My neighbour went
out with his 4x4 to tow a car out as a favour. The driver had got out of
the car and was up to his hips in water. My neighbour asked him to go
back into the water to attach the rope to his car. He did. He was then
asked to get back into his car to take the handbrake off, he sat on the
drivers seat and the water came over his lap.
Another right off for the Church Hill road bridge.
And do you know, my neighbour was not thanked. He could have left him
there and let him phone a garage to get him out. It would have cost him
megamoney.

Tweed

So what do you do in this situation - tow him back in?
Certainly leaves you with a hollow "wish I hadn't bothered" feeling when
that happens.
Trouble is the next person (who your friend decides not to bother with) will
most likely be the overflowing-with-gratitude type.

Phil