Old 08-07-2009, 10:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Crocosmia question.

On Jul 8, 3:15*pm, Freedom_Spark Freedom_Spark.
wrote:
Hi everyone, this year I moved my lupins to a different area of the
garden & bought some 'crocosmia crocosmiiflora' bulbs to bring a splash
warmth and colour, we planted them in late april at the spacing of ten
centimetres. The problem is I see no sign of the flowers, I've left the
area un-weeded (aside from those which I am certain are weeds and not
flowers, as I keep reiterating I'm a complete gardening novice) What do
young crocosmia look like? What should I be seeing at this stage? I
followed the instructions to the letter, is there any reason why they
wouldn't show up? The flowering time is supposed to be July to
September. Any advice very welcome.

--
Freedom_Spark

If you would like some of my corms, C. Lucifer, email me and I will
send you some in the Autumn.

Judith