Old 09-07-2009, 12:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Rain again

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
I was complaining about having 4.35 inches of rain in the last few
days, but according to the news this morning Hastings had 4.25 inches
in 3 hours yesterday.
and I thought we had it bad.
David Hill

We have a little bridge under a railway that always floods if we get mega
rain. There will always be someone who attempts it. My neighbour went out
with his 4x4 to tow a car out as a favour. The driver had got out of the
car and was up to his hips in water. My neighbour asked him to go back
into the water to attach the rope to his car. He did. He was then asked to
get back into his car to take the handbrake off, he sat on the drivers seat
and the water came over his lap.
Another right off for the Church Hill road bridge.
And do you know, my neighbour was not thanked. He could have left him there
and let him phone a garage to get him out. It would have cost him
megamoney.

Tweed