Old 10-07-2009, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Flower ID

Definitely not the Southern Marsh Orchid (Dactylorhiza praetermissa).
Ignoring the colour, that species has a shallowly lobed labellum with
the laterals tending to reflex back the more prominent, central, tooth-
like lobe. However, I'm not convinced that it is pure D. fuchsii
either even though it is possibly the most variable of the
Dactylorhizas. Fuchsii is very promiscuous, capable of growing in a
wide range of habitats and soils. Where it meets other related
species, it hybridises readily and this looks more like a hybrid to
me.

Please, Dave, why does it look more like a hybrid? I'm still trying to
get to grips with Dactylorhiza
--
Kay