Old 11-07-2009, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
DaveP DaveP is offline

Default Hibiscus syriacus 'Ruby'

On Jul 11, 9:12*am, MikeC wrote:

I purchased an Hibiscus from Aldi last year, it is growing well, could
anybody tell me when it is likely to flower?

Depends upon whether you have it in a very sunny or lightly shaded
spot as well as where you live. In the south flowering can start in
late June/early July, but further north it is usually August. Shade
can delay or even prevent flowering since it really does like a good
baking in summer. Older plants naturally start flowering sooner in
the year so expect a few late-ish starts until it is well
established.