Old 11-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Linesnapper Linesnapper is offline
Registered User

Location: South Yorkshire

Hello Will,

What a lovelly find you have there!

ATCO (Webb) Deluxe B14 is I am sure the model you have. Still and good to see the original engine on board too!

Just be carefull with the brass fuel adjusters on the carb as overdoing them up the fine 'needle like end' will snap off in the carb body and they are a real job to get back out.

Same with the float - ensure it is located correctly in the float chamber.

If you have problems with running, check the air filter (if you still have it) is clean (sponge - wash in soapy water, dip in oil and squeeeeeze out the access) check to make sure the airways in the carb body are not blocked too. Only really one way to do that and that is with a compressed air line.

All looks very dry ref: carb linkages, WD40 and some light oil will see to that - wipe off the access though.

Engine oil is 10w40 about 1 litre.

As it has been stood for 5 years greasing the bearings (all round) and lubricating all linkages, chain and final drives may be very beneficial too!

Well worth I feel paying the fee to have this reground and putting it back in to service as buying a quality lawnmower like this today will set you back easily £300+!

Hope this helps,

Dave.
You may give someone an education, but you cannot give them common sense.