Old 11-07-2009, 09:10 PM
dalewool dalewool is offline
Registered User

Default Dead grass advice

Hi hopefullysomeone can please help me as a very novice gardener. Got our first garden and last year I decided to try to get rid of the weeds on the lawn. Unfortunately I didn't read the weedkiller bottle instructions and both the grass and weeds died leaving just soil. I threw some seed down and that didn't really work.
A few months ago I dug up the dead patches of turf, I increased the level of the earth by adding some compost and mixing it in then lying the turf so it was level with the remaining grass. The lawn looked fine for a few weeks then gradually I noticed where the old had died the new was dying too.
I imagine this is because the weedkiller is still lingering over a year later, I'm not sure what to do but dg deeper and try again...........
I hope this makes sense, any thoughts/help is appreciated