Old 12-07-2009, 12:28 AM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] JoeSpareBedroom[_2_] is offline

Default Plants droop in the hot sun

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 10:08:31 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Some plants, especially the broccoli. Perks up afterward and it's
developing
normally. It's mulched like crazy and the soil's nice & damp and of
perfect
tilth. 80 degrees, sunny. Lots of rain in previous days.

I seem to recall reading many years ago that this drooping routine can be
due to some sort of mineral or nutrient imbalance. Anyone have any insight
about this?

Or, it's normal and never mind.

It doesn't like the heat. If it's 80 degrees in the shade, it is 90
degrees in the sun.

OK (to both of you). I have a large wooden frame "strung" with dark window
screen, usually used for lettuce. Up it goes.