Old 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default Bee Braves. Bees Bountiful Behaviour Ballot. Balancing Busy BandwagonBeliefs . Boosting Becoming Blossoming, Budding Better Bee Backers. Bury Bull

OK, it's a long thread title, but since this idea, albeit very late in
the season, is supposed to span the seasons, I thought I'd make it
kinda stand out, rather than simply blending in.

Some time ago I mentioned that when given ample variety to choose
from, the bees I observed went solely for a climbing hydrangea;
The other day, elsewhere, despite an even larger selection to choose
from, the bees opted for a flowering privet hedge. (Ligustrum)

And that's what the idea of this thread is (if you wanna play that
is).
What are bees __predominantly__ choosing most right now?

You see, we get told bees like this and that and I know they really
get a buzz out of lavender, but it's interesting to see them go for
something not as well promoted as being bee fodder