Old 12-07-2009, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potatoes - what went wrong?

Angela wrote:
I have grown potatoes for the first time, and in pots. I just turned out a
couple of pots as the foliage was dying down. I got a measly 435gms of
potatoes from 4 seed potatoes and about 150l of MPC. Roughly that works out
to around £14 per kilo - they sure better taste good!!!

Angela

Though it seems "fashionable" to grow potatoes in pots, they fare much
better in the garden. Amongst the possible reasons for a poor crop a

Not enough watering.
Not enough sunshine - i.e. pot not in full sun.
Not enough plant feed or compost too poor.
Dying down early due to blight disease.

It also depends on the variety.

--
David in Normandy.