Old 13-07-2009, 11:39 AM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondeco View Post
Thanks for your response . I've searched Google images and can't see a Cedar tree that looks anything like it , if it helps ... the foliage is very soft , not stiff like pine needles and I've never seen any kind of cone or fruit on it .

Ron
It is definitely not a cedar sensu strictu, ie Cedrus. But a lot of people use the the term cedar colloquially to refer to members of the cypress family Cupressaceae in general. And a lot of the Cupressaceae have common names with the word "cedar" in, such as Japanese Cedar and Incense Cedar. It must surely be a member of the Cupressaceae, and I'm suspecting it is some kind of Juniper, of which there are many species and many garden forms.