Old 13-07-2009, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Shrub ID help please

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:30:47 +0100, Rondeco
wrote:

Hello all ,
I'm hoping somebody can identify an evergreen shrub that I
have in my garden so I can find out how much/when to prune it . It's
really got way too big at around 10ft tall and unsightly brown patches
have started to appear on it , the foliage has a slightly lemony smell
when rubbed between your fingers.
It's said a picture is worth a thousand words so here are three
pictures including a close up of the foliage .

T.I.A.
Ron

[image: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...30/shrub1.jpg]
[image: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...30/shrub2.jpg]
[image: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...30/shrub3.jpg]

My guess, as another urgler suggested is crytomeria japonica, but it's
a long time since I saw one close up. It has been pruned and shaped
so no natural habit to go by.

Pam in Bristol