Old 16-04-2003, 09:21 AM
Chris Norton

Default Little Oak tree in a pot

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 01:02:26 +0100, Hussein M.
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:18:50 +0100, "Peter"
wrote:

I have a little - 2' 6" approx - oak tree in a 18" pot. How long can I keep
it? If you read this my other post about compost should say compost smelling
of silage

Bonsai? Get a book (or do other research on it) . Might be fun. Oak
may or may not take to it.

Huss
Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.

English oaks make fantastic Bonsai and no english mans Bonsai
collection should be without one (Harry Tomlinson). Only problem here
is that it is already 2 1/2 feet high. To consider Bonsai`ing it I
would look at some branches fairly low down OR you could go for a big
one.

Technically it already is Bonsai but lets not get into that old
chestnut. 8-))

They are really slow growing as Bonsai so dont need as much looking
after as say a nice Jap maple. According to Harry their roots can be
sensitive to frost tho.