Old 13-07-2009, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default Bee Braves. Bees Bountiful Behaviour Ballot. Balancing Busy Bandwagon Beliefs . Boosting Becoming Blossoming, Budding Better Bee Backers. Bury Bull

"Sue" wrote in message
o.uk...

"Sheila" wrote
"aquachimp" wrote
[...] You see, we get told bees like this and that and I know they
really get a buzz out of lavender, but it's interesting to see them
go for something not as well promoted as being bee fodder

My light lilac Hebe's are full of them at the moment,

Just a week or two ago the Euonymous (I think it's 'Silver Queen'), that
climbs up against a south facing wall near our patio, was absolutely
heaving with honey bees and small bumble bees all the while it was
flowering. I hadn't previously thought of the shrub as a bee plant.

It was very good to hear the gentle buzzing in the background as, like
many people, we've noticed distinctly fewer honey-bees in the garden in
recent years.

Went and checked this morning, just to see what was happening.

The hoverflies and bumbles were all over the hebe, the honey bees [very
small ones] were on the buddleia.

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.