Old 14-07-2009, 06:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Steve Daniels Steve Daniels is offline

Default Terro Liquid Ant baits

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:15:59 -0700, against all advice, something
compelled Billy , to say:

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Paul wrote:
Do they really work. It seems that I fed the ants in the kitchen these
things all last summer and they never slowed down. Now so far this
summer they are going thru these things like crazy, will these baits
eventually help lower the ant population?

I have no idea about Terro but you can make your own ant bait cheaply and
easily. Mix borax with fine sugar about 1:3 and make a thickish paste with
a little water. It will keep indefinitely in a small capped jar. Dot this
around where the ants walk. Although not acutely toxic as with any poison
make sure animals and children cannot get to it. It works well and unless
it gets rained on it will last a long time.

David

Damn good idea David, damn good. The only problem is . . . uh,
Terro is Borax based:O(

Terro used to work. It worked very well. Too well, as it were,
and the Safety Nazis forced it to change. After all, WHAT IF A
CHILD GO INTO IT!!!?????

--

Don't worry about people stealing an idea. If it's original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.