Old 14-07-2009, 07:21 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Terro Liquid Ant baits

In article ,
during an out of mind experience Steve Daniels
wrote:

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 22:15:59 -0700, against all advice, something
compelled Billy , to say:

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Paul wrote:
Do they really work. It seems that I fed the ants in the kitchen
these
things all last summer and they never slowed down. Now so far this
summer they are going thru these things like crazy, will these
baits
eventually help lower the ant population?

I have no idea about Terro but you can make your own ant bait cheaply
and
easily. Mix borax with fine sugar about 1:3 and make a thickish
paste with
a little water. It will keep indefinitely in a small capped jar.
Dot this
around where the ants walk. Although not acutely toxic as with any
poison
make sure animals and children cannot get to it. It works well and
unless
it gets rained on it will last a long time.

David

Damn good idea David, damn good. The only problem is . . . uh,
Terro is Borax based:O(

Terro used to work. It worked very well. Too well, as it were,
and the Safety Nazis forced it to change. After all, WHAT IF A
CHILD GO INTO IT!!!?????

Let the kid go into it. What the hell do I care;O)

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...rid_of_ants_us
ing_terro_pg3.html?cat=6
Terro Liquid Ant Bait reports it is "similar to pancake syrup combined
with Borax" which "is a common active ingredient that is used in soap
products... The product kills ants but will not harm people or pets...
Pets occasionally find the Terro and eat it. Our advice when this
happens is to do nothing at all. The product is not toxic enough to
cause a problem and the pet will be just fine."

(Ranting On)
If you want some homemade options see
http://www.ehow.com/how_4434964_ant-...lly-works.html
(Ranting Off)
--

- Billy

learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and
find out for themselves.
Will Rogers

http://countercurrents.org/roberts020709.htm
http://www.tomdispatch.com/p/zinn