Old 14-07-2009, 12:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Terro Liquid Ant baits

On Jul 13, 8:46*pm, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:
Paul wrote:
Do they really work. It seems that I fed the ants in the kitchen these
things all last summer *and they never slowed down. Now so far this
summer they are going thru these things like crazy, will these baits
eventually help lower the ant population?

I have no idea about Terro but you can make your own ant bait cheaply and
easily. *Mix borax with fine sugar about 1:3 and make a thickish paste with
a little water. *It will keep indefinitely in a small capped jar. *Dot this
around where the ants walk. *Although not acutely toxic as with any poison
make sure animals and children cannot get to it. *It works well and unless
it gets rained on it will last a long time.

David

Currently testing a recipe of 2 tablespoons peanut butter, 1 teaspoon
brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon boric acid.
The ants love it and after a couple of days their population is down.