Old 16-04-2003, 09:44 AM
Gordon Couger

Default Wheat prices

I talked to the grain merchant that sold to when I was farming and it seems
lots of people are following your aunt's strategy. He said the higher the
price the less he is offered. He is not selling any of his stocks either. He
thought he might start shipping some next month. But he may have a million
bushels to move so he can't sell it all on one day.

Late summer rains in Oklahoma look good for wheat and planting intentions
are high.
I haven't paid much attention but I am sure a lot of grain is in the ground
already when they should be just starting unless they are using it for
pasture.

Gordon.
"Larry Caldwell" wrote in message
The Australian wheat crop is now estimated to be down 53% because of
drought. http://www.iht.com/articles/74739.html

Some areas of the USA have also had reduced production because of
drought. If you happen to be raising wheat in an area that got good
rains last year, you might actually make some money for once.

My mother is holding her wheat until after the first of the year, mostly
for tax reasons, but she may do well with that timing.

--
http://home.teleport.com/~larryc