Old 14-07-2009, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potatoes - what went wrong?

In message , Angela
writes
I have grown potatoes for the first time, and in pots. I just turned out a
couple of pots as the foliage was dying down. I got a measly 435gms of
potatoes from 4 seed potatoes and about 150l of MPC. Roughly that works out
to around £14 per kilo - they sure better taste good!!!

Angela

I've just lifted a volunteer potato that was growing between a couple of
rows of broad beans. Only 3 small potatoes, with a total weight of 116g.

(The batch of deliberately planted potatoes that lifted a month or more
back gave me 7.5kg from about 30 plants, which isn't particularly good -
but I don't seem to be very green-fingered with potatoes. On the other
hand it works out to about 10p per kilo.)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley