Old 14-07-2009, 10:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne D.[_2_] Suzanne D.[_2_] is offline

Default propping up plants

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Those cheap tomato cages they sell are totally inadequate for tomatoes
but make *great* supports for peppers and eggplants.

I use the cages for tomatoes too, but I put them upside down (secured with
lawn staples), and tie them together at the top, which gives them an extra
12-18" of height. Many of the plants still are way too tall (some of my
heirlooms are now about eight feet tall!), but I can't see spending $10-15
on a single cage. (I have about 60 tomato plants.)
--S.