Old 15-07-2009, 01:02 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Donald Keeney Donald Keeney is offline

Default Beetles

Hello all. I have a fairly old ( 30 years at least ) flowering rose
bush which just finished it's first set of flowers and was starting a
new bunch. I noticed the first flower of the new set had some holes in
the petals and then I spotted a ovular shaped beetle about 1/2" long x
1/4" wide . There is a black stripe down the middle lengthwise and the
sides are a bronze color . The top of the pointed head is glossy and
dark purple . Any hints on what this may be and how to take care of it
before it causes big problems or is it too late ?
Thanks , Don,...