Old 15-07-2009, 01:21 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Terro Liquid Ant baits

On Jul 14, 10:24*pm, "Paul" wrote:
--
Paul O."Phisherman" wrote in message

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:57:30 -0700, "Paul" wrote:

Do they really work. It seems that I fed the ants in the kitchen these
things all last summer *and they never slowed down. Now so far this summer
they are going thru these things like crazy, will these baits eventually
help lower the ant population?

I have used them many times with success. *One trap should wipe out an
entire colony. *I've been using the Terro traps outdoors on the deck.
Typically, the ants are very active with a trap for 2-3 days, then all
of the sudden they are gone. *Ants support aphids and may build nests
inside potted plants.

I wish they worked that good for me. I have three of them on a ledge above
the kitchen sink and there has been a steady stream of ants to them for
about three weeks now. I only have 1 left of six in the box. Gonna have to
go get a new supply. At least the ants are up on the ledge instead of all
over the sink board, thats the only way I can see that are working.

Paul O.

I smeared my mix on their outside paths and it has been active but
less ants for about 3 days.
A squirrel got into some of it so I moved into cracks where squirrel
should not be able to access. Mix should not harm squirrel but it
would be nice to kill two birds with one stone