Old 16-07-2009, 11:45 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom_Spark View Post
Hello everyone. I recently attempted to take some softwood cuttings from my dad's fuchsia plant, being a complete beginner I'm not holding out a great deal of hope that they'll root.
The secret is to take the tips on non-flowering branches, strip off all leaves save the top five or so, nip out the growing tip, dip the stem end into hormone powder, place these cuttings round the edge of a small post containing dampened vermiculite or a sand mixture, put into a plastic bag with the top closed, place the whole thing in a shady position. Keep an eye on them, nd open the bag if there is too much condensation.