Old 16-07-2009, 05:24 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Photobucket - Watercress Island

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 08:09:19 EDT, Jim Hurley
wrote:

Your model will work really well for the parrots feather on the
surface of my upflow barrels on the berm. I used to rest my top
plants on the bags of filter strapping tape, but I am taking them out
as the roots of the veggie filter plants provide more than enough
surface for bacteria. I had also hung trays for the plants. I like
the floatation much better.

I also have a basket in the top of my prefilter. These floating baskets
also work well for putting one's stock tank heater in during the winter to
keep the fish away from the element. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us