Old 24-02-2003, 07:51 PM
Bill Litchfield

Default Pepper Variety- Gift from Moldavia?

"Pam Rudd" wrote in message
news
When last we left our heros, on Sun, 23 Feb 2003 09:46:08 -0800,
"Bill Litchfield" scribbled:

"Pam Rudd" wrote in message

snipped

Cross Countries Nursery www.chiliplants.com

"Hi, my name is Pam, and I'm a tomato and pepper junkie"

Hello Pam! Please tell me which Orange Bell sweet pepper to grow that is

the
biggest, blockiest, tastiest, etc.

Er..well, the variety that does best for me in my zone 7/8 yard
might not do well in whatever your zone is. There is also
personal preference to consider. I don't think some of the
bigger bell peppers are the best tasting. And I do all heirlooms
and open-pollonated plants, which excludes a lot of very nice
hybrids.

So, with the above caveats, if I were growing an orange bell
pepper this year -and I'm not- it would be Ariane. Of the 18 or
so varieties of peppers I'm growing this year, only one is a bell
pepper, and it's a red bell, Buran, that I get seeds for from
Seed Savers www.seedsavers.com.

Thanks muchly for your input and advice. I truly appreciate it.

Best,
Bill

hth

Pam