Old 17-07-2009, 02:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Layering roses

In message , Bald eagle
writes
I have some climbing roses that I'd like to propagate and the favourite
method seems to be layering. Everything I've read refers to layering into
the ground but for reasons of convenience I'd prefer to layer the new ones
into pots. Any ideas on how feasible this is and what compost to use?

JC

I Can't see any particular problem with layering into pots, other than
needed to keep the pots moist. But you might like to look into
air-layering.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley