Old 18-07-2009, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Grass-like plant in Italy

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message

I'm hoping to make a very small (10 square metres) "lawn" in Tuscany,
and have read that grass requires an inordinate amount of watering,
and that other plants are used in its place in hot climates.

I've seen various apparently different species mentioned:
Ophiopogon (aka as convollaria or turquoise),
Temple grass, Japanese velvet grass, and others.

I wonder if anyone has any experience of this,
or can suggest somewhere more appropriate to ask this question?

Maybe this:

http://knol.google.com/k/mike/creati...lnvklc6qmv/30#

If you can't see this site, Google Chamomile Lawn, apparently a chamomile
lawn doesn't need much water.

HTH

someone