Old 19-07-2009, 12:28 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleyp View Post
Hi All,
this is my first time on this list, can anyone advise me? I have the above Campanula's and now that the flowers have all more or less spent now, I notice that there is a lot of new growth underneath.

Should I cut back the old stems now? I have been deadheading them and there are still some new buds coming along but they are very small.

Shirley
Cambridge UK
With herbaceous plants, cut back to the new growth when the flowers are pretty much over. You may well get a second flush of flowers. Which campanula is it?