Old 19-07-2009, 10:25 AM
Registered User

Default Shirley

Hi All,
this is my first time on this list, can anyone advise me? I have the above Campanula's and now that the flowers have all more or less spent now, I notice that there is a lot of new growth underneath.

Should I cut back the old stems now? I have been deadheading them and there are still some new buds coming along but they are very small.

Shirley
Cambridge UK
Old 19-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleyp View Post
Hi All,
this is my first time on this list, can anyone advise me? I have the above Campanula's and now that the flowers have all more or less spent now, I notice that there is a lot of new growth underneath.

Should I cut back the old stems now? I have been deadheading them and there are still some new buds coming along but they are very small.

Shirley
Cambridge UK
With herbaceous plants, cut back to the new growth when the flowers are pretty much over. You may well get a second flush of flowers. Which campanula is it?
Old 19-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccabunga View Post
With herbaceous plants, cut back to the new growth when the flowers are pretty much over. You may well get a second flush of flowers. Which campanula is it?
Thankyou for your reply they are "Kent Belle" and "Elizabeth"

Can you also help me with the "Anthemis", we have had a lot of problems they are lovely until the flower stems get too long and then they just get all matted up and look a mess, we have cut two back to the ground and another just about a third off what would be the best way to handle these.

Shirley
Old 20-07-2009, 12:45 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleyp View Post
Thankyou for your reply they are "Kent Belle" and "Elizabeth"

Can you also help me with the "Anthemis", we have had a lot of problems they are lovely until the flower stems get too long and then they just get all matted up and look a mess, we have cut two back to the ground and another just about a third off what would be the best way to handle these.

Shirley
What you have done is fine.

WIN.."100 Best Gardens in Ireland" Book by Shirley Lanigan inishindie Gardening 0 08-07-2011 07:18 PM
Shirley? Phil L United Kingdom 7 06-01-2005 09:45 AM
looking for Shirley Pipitone Rev. Mack Australia 0 01-07-2004 06:04 PM
Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island. Jerry Minasi Edible Gardening 7 07-10-2003 07:02 PM