Old 19-07-2009, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes June Hughes is offline

Default Culinary herbs - what do you grow?

In message , R.A.Omond
writes

My mint is just fine, though perhaps less of the usual
bully that it normally is.

I have noticed that this year too. I wonder why?

Anyway, back to the question We love mint, basil and rosemary. We
don't like coriander nor parsley.

Blimey, there are people who do not like coriander or parsley ????

Takes all sorts. After the rather snobby foodie thing about flat leafed
parsley, I have returned to using the curly-leafed variety. Looks good,
tastes good and by gosh it does you good

My list: thyme, oregano, flat-leafed parsley, curly-leafed parsley,
coriander, coriander, coriander, lemon-variegated thyme, rosemary,
chives, coriander.

A propos coriander: one year I decided to see if it would grow
from seed scattered on my gravel driveway. It did (see above ;-)
and still does (NW Essex/Cambs border).

It goes to seed very easily but then, as you say, you can plant the
seeds. We love it and I can't imagine a life without parsley.
--
June Hughes