Old 19-07-2009, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Culinary herbs - what do you grow?

In article ,
June Hughes wrote:

Essentials include bay, parsley, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, sage,
chives, summer savory, dill and rocket at least. I also grow basil,
wild marjoram, winter savory, lovage (now dying, for some reason),
angelica, fennel, coriander, borage and probably others.

I love herbs and grown all those plus several additional varieties of
sage and basil.

I forgot horseradish and two kinds of mint in the essential section!
Plus woodruff in the inessential :-)

The thing about most herbs is that they don't need mollycoddling,
so they don't die when I ignore them. Usually ....

Oh, and MANY chillis - essential.

I've only just started growing chillis. None have appeared yet though.

Mine have a few flowers. They typically don't fruit until later,
as they need a lot of sun and heat - and do better in a greenhouse,
conservatory or polytunnel.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.